- Accounting, Banking & Management
- All Other
- Beauty, Fashion & Hair Style
- Customer Service & Hospitality
- Engineering & Technical Staff
- Hotels, Ticketing, Travels & Tourism
- HR, Secretarial, Admin & PAs
- IT Software, Web, Graphics & Animation
- IT- Hardware, Networks, System Admin
- Sales, Marketing & Retail
- Teaching, Lecturing & Tutors
- Textile, Apparel & Clothing
Front End Web Developer
Company: Meertek Solutions
IT Software, Web, Graphics & Animation
We are looking for a highly motivated Front-end Developer to join our growing team. You will be responsible for the end-to-end development of core parts of our front-end. We expect you to help us take our products and our team to the next level and to teach us something we don’t know.
Our tech stack:
For each of our products, in the front-end we focus on three main points:
- User friendly , Highly responsive UI design
- Data Visualization for dashboards and analytics
- Appealing landing pages
Experience as a Frontend Developer:
- VueJS / familiarity with VueRouter
- State management Vuex / Pinia
- High proficiency in HTML / CSS
- RESTful API Integration Axios/ Fetch API
- Hands on Experience in vuetify
- Experience in Angular/React
- Worked on big projects with bootstrap & Tailwind CSS
- webpack bundle optimization for small file sizes
- SEO optimization & Writing well structured semantic HTML
Some examples projects that you could work on:
- Creating a design system
- Developing new features
- Revamping a core part of the UI
- Improving front-end performance
- Making our UI accessible
- Implementing a localized UI
- Creating product playgrounds for our marketing websites
- Taking full responsibility for big projects and core parts of the product from a software engineering perspective
- Writing technical specifications for and developing new large features
- Contributing to product specification by evaluating the technical difficulty of a project
- Proactively proposing architecture, performance and infrastructure improvements
- Owning the release process, improving the software engineering life cycle (build, CI/CD)
- Helping set and maintain a high professional standard
- Helping junior developers to grow
How the dev teams work:
- Each product team is currently composed of 2-4 developers, 1 QA and 1 QA Automation, and 1 designer.
- We do not use any agile frameworks as we have found them not to be agile at all. We instead carve out projects that should last between two to six weeks, and meet daily for 60 minutes to discuss our progress and reevaluate priorities if need be. We hold a longer (~2h) meeting per week to plan the week ahead.
- Developers may use Jira to create and track tickets.
- We use Github and pull requests for version control. We use Github Actions for continuous deployment with automated tests.
- Communication with the wider team is done through email, Zoom, teams Google Docs, and Google Meet.
- You care more about making reliable software used by many than a shiny unstable thing used by no one.
- You understand that engineering work is done first and foremost for the customers.
- You care a lot about performance, understand that speed is a core feature
- Fully capable of building, owning and running entire systems (new api)
- Deep, substantial expertise in multiple programming environments
- You can provide material feedback on the work of junior programmers
- You’re a fan of spreadsheets and their programming paradigm
- You’re a team player
- Experience: 1+ years as a front end developer
- Programming languages:
- Vue : VueJS Vuetify VueRouter bootstrap tailwind json http axios Laravel blade sass css scss
- hands on experience in responsive design
- familiar with API Integration / webhooks
- Additional: Vuex angular react
- Language: excellent in English, both written and oral
- Writing: you enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar
Compensation and benefits (can vary depending on the type of contract):
How to apply:
We want to get a sense of how you write and think. To that end, please write an email that covers at least the following:
- Tell us why you want this job, and why you’re interested in building our products
- Tell us about something you’ve built that you’re proud of, show us some code if possible
- Tell us what you’re excited about in programming these days
- If possible, include a link to something you have written online
- Please ask the questions you have
We value great writers, so please show off those skills (stock cover letters won’t do). Send your email and resume, plus any public profile or material you feel relevant to [email protected]
- We will first ask you a few targeted questions to be answered by email so as to get acquainted with you in writing.
- If that goes well, we’ll send you a technical test.
- You’ll then move on to an interview with a some of our engineers
- Finally, an interview with the CTO.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Skills RequiredNot selected!
Preferred LanguagesNot selected!