- Accounting, Banking & Management
- All Other
- Beauty, Fashion & Hair Style
- Customer Service & Hospitality
- Engineering & Technical Staff
- Hotels, Ticketing, Travels & Tourism
- HR, Secretarial, Admin & PAs
- IT Software, Web, Graphics & Animation
- IT- Hardware, Networks, System Admin
- Sales, Marketing & Retail
- Teaching, Lecturing & Tutors
- Textile, Apparel & Clothing
Company: Disaster Services
HR, Secretarial, Admin & PAs
The Federation for Environment Climate and Technology is seeking interns as for a writer a) Non-Fiction. b) Social Science and Science topics for communicating to the wider society, technical and academic audiences.
a) The work for a Non-Fiction writer shall include themes related to social science, history, memoir and journalistic content. The work is to be presented as feature articles, book-length manuscripts as stories in reputed websites.
b) The work for the Social science writer includes working on projects on manmade and natural disasters, the vulnerability of societies to risk and manuscripts on Universities/Education, Technological History and Future Studies.
c) The Science writer shall work on publishing projects related to Climate, Environment, Water Resources, Infectious Diseases, Disaster Risk Management and Agriculture.
The writer shall edit content from other staff members. This position shall be tailored to suit the recruited person’s strengths and the institutional needs.
• Ability to write compelling, logical, clear and concise content
• Factual accuracy and attention to detail
• Sound knowledge of IT and word-processing
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and well organized
• Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
• The desire to learn, and the ability to learn quickly
• Established language styles for non-fiction or Science writing
• Familiarity with Bibliographic software
• Copy-editing and layout skills
• Competence in other languages
• Work well with a multi-disciplinary team
• Skills in the Environment, Science, Management or related topics
• Experience with publishing • Social Media skills
• Graphics and visual communication
These are full- time assignments and can commence immediately. Appointments are under contract with extension based on performance. Work will be in our offices in Akurana, or Digana in Kandy. To apply, email (1) a resume/CV, 2) Details of two professional referees (3) Writing samples and (4) A cover letter to receive immediate consideration.
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
File Management Project Management Written Communication
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
0 - 3 months